Saturday, January 12, 2013

Peppermint Candy Christmas Ornaments


So I have been slacking for a VERY LONG time.
I haven't been on the blog.
I haven't even had time to create or buy anything to create with.
I don't know where all of my time has gone, but now I am making some time to update my blog at least. 
Many of the posts to come will be items from the Goodwill: old for me but new for you. 
It doesn't mean you can't still love the ideas and use them which is why I am posting them for you. 


So, the first order of business are these fun Christmas ornaments. Like I said, these are old, BUT it's never too early to be thinking about Christmas for NEXT year. These ornaments are super easy to make and there are so many different designs that you can make them with so that each one is unique. I made two different bodies for my Peppermint Ornaments. One is the typical wrapped peppermint silhouette (1) and the other is a larger circle (2) that resembles an UNwrapped peppermint. 

(1)

 (2)


Okay, so to make these ornaments you're going to need a few things:

Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes Die
Patterned Paper (I used a Red, White, and Green Christmas paper with diagonal stripes)
Ornament Hooks
Tiny Hole Punch
Glitter (I used White Martha Stewart)
Spray Adhesive or Modge Podge

Directions:
  1. Cut your paper into about 3"x12" Strips
  2. Cut out your die from this paper strip
  3. Fold the die and make your rosette (Use the big rosette for (2) and the small one for (1)). Do not put the extra circle it punches out onto the front of your ornament, only the back. You'll need to cut an extra small rosette for the ends of (1). To make (1) cut the extra small rosette at about 8 perforations (x2) and adhere them on opposite sides of the rosette you've assembled pinching in the end that you're adhering so that the other ends flares out.)
  4. Once your ornaments are assembled brush Modge Podge onto the surface of your ornament (the pretty side/front) using a big frayed paint brush or spray adhesive on the surface of your ornament (remember to protect the surrounding area from overspray). Then sprinkle on the glitter (or pour it on) until you've reached the desired sparkleness for your ornament.
  5. Lastly you're going to punch a (tiny) hole in the top of your ornament and insert the ornament hook. For (1) I punched the hole off center to give the ornament a more appealing look when it's hanging.
VIOLA!! A Beautimous homemade ornament!

Stay tuned for more posts coming from me very soon. 
I will be trying to update my blog much more frequently! 
Have a lovely day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment