Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Haunting

So, I thought I'd throw a little Halloween into the mix today  because it doesn't get enough card attention. I mean I sent out Halloween cards but do most people? I'm not sure. But I like to because I entirely enjoy making Halloween cards; they can be creepy but still cute. And they're fun to mail, especially if you have some young ones to send them to because you can stick some candy inside of them. What else would someone expect for Halloween?

All I've been seeing lately on TV are these previews for the new scary movie Mama. It looks REALLY scary. I can't wait to go see it. Or better yet to own it and watch it in my basement to make the scary effect that a scary movie has even scarier. Right? Well anyway there's at least one commercial on for this movie every commercial break on some channels, so it's really pumping me up to see it. It makes me want Halloween to be coming soon. But since Halloween is NOT around the corner, I will have to settle for some cards that feature the creepy house from around the corner (or the end of the block).

The first picture here is to show you the details of these cards up close. 


This picture is to show you some of the slightly altered designs of this card that I made. I had to alter the designs not just because it's fun to do, but because I made the first card using some scraps and had to finish the rest of the cards using the rest of the scraps or by finding more scraps to use instead.


Supplies you'll need to fill your Halloween bucket:
Carta Bella-All Hallow's Eve "Scary Stripe" paper
My Mind's Eye-The Spider's Web "Cauldron Bubbles" paper
We R Memory Keepers-Urban Window Collection "Restortaion Jacquard" paper 
Great Impressions c405 "Have a Frightfully Fun Halloween" stamp
Black and White The Twinery twine
Spellbinders Lg Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles
Spellbinders Labels One
Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 
Memory Box Country House


Betcha didn't think that the Country House (Memory Box) could also double as a haunted house did you? Did you see it as a church either? Ah...well now your eyes have been opened.

Happy Hauntings!

No comments:

Post a Comment