Sunday, January 27, 2013

Headboard Decor

Pinterest is so all the rage nowadays. On any given day I'd say I spend at least an hour on there looking at everything from recipes to home decor, beauty to crafts. I found the inspiration for this amazing project in the home decor section of Pinterest. There was a pin with a bedroom set and a lovely decoration above the head of the bed with a branch and some beautiful flowers hanging from it.

Here's the original pin I got my "pinspiration" from:


DIY Headboard. Find an interesting branch and mount it to the wall after hanging decorations from it.

So I recreated this idea with a big branch from my yard about the same length that my bed is wide. It has about a 3.5" diameter. All I did was purchase some flower garland and cut them into fourths so each flower section was about 1.5-2 feet long. I had 8 lengths of flower for my project (2 flower garlands). The garland I purchased was attached by a plastic chain link so it made it really easy to attach it to the branch. All I did was get some thick twine and tie a knot around the end of my branch and then string each piece of my flower garland onto the twine while continuing to twist it around the branch. I began my knot about 4" from the end of my branch and ended the same distance away from the opposite end.

The color palette in my spare room is very neutral so I used white flowers for this project.  There are many different varieties out there though. To hang my branch I drilled holes in the back of the branch in two different spots, drilling upwards near the edge and inserted some "S" hooks into the hole (It's all I had at home so I made it work! You could definitely use a different hook). Then I drilled holes into the wall where I wanted it to hang and inserted screw eyes so my "S" hooks would hang in them easily supporting my project.

And here's what I ended up with!



Here it is hanging in my craft room...


Hanging on the wall in the spare bedroom where it will be staying :)

I'm in love with it! The room is now complete, no more decor needed! :) :) :)

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment