Friday, March 29, 2013

Wine Bottle Tags 2


So do you remember when I posted my wine bottle tags a few weeks ago ? Well here is the finished product for display!! I'm so excited I think I'll be saving every glass container I empty and  will be wrapping hemp/twine around it! Love the look and it's pretty cheap (especially if you're drinking cheap wine like I do). 



So I went to town with the spray adhesive ( <= my new best friend! Between these wine bottles and those binders I'm sure I will be needing a new can very soon.) 
Anyway, back to the point. I went to town with the spray adhesive spraying about 3" of my bottle as I went. Spray, wrap twine tightly until you get to the end of your adhesive spray/or if it begins to loose tackiness. Per the directions you're supposed to apply within 15 seconds to have a permanent bond but I can't wrap that much twine that fast. I felt that like a minute and a half gives you enough time to wrap a 3" section with the adhesive remaining tacky. 
Now, keep spraying and wrapping from top to bottom (as I did) or until you like the look of your bottle. 
Your fingers may get a little sticky doing this project. Make sure that when you're spraying your adhesive you protect the surrounding area!!! Not with a craft mat either. I use a shoe box. This adhesive does not wipe off. At least not without a TON of effort, soap, Clorox wipes, and warm water (and REPEAT several times). Almost ruined a brand new craft mat the first time I used this stuff, because like you're supposed to be able to just wipe adhesive off of the may rightttttttt? I guess spray adhesive is not included in that.

But I ramble!! 
Just scroll down and look at the pretty finished product!!



I think that I'll be reusing these for my wedding reception as the flower in that "vase" is one for the reception decorations. Yay! A double reuse of an item. I feel so eco-friendly!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment