Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cupcake Flags


So Monday was Shane's birthday, and in preparation for his birthday, I made some cute decorations for the cupcakes I was planning on making him. Here is what the process of making these cute little cupcake flags looked like:


First, I cut out the banners using white cardstock and Spellbinders "Nested Lacey Pennants".
Then I stamped what I wanted each flag to say onto the cut out banners. I chose "Happy Birthday" and "22" . I used different colors too so that my end product (the cupcakes) would each be unique. 


Then I gathered some toothpicks and tape and got to work. To make these cupcakes flags I simply cut a piece of tape a half inch longer than the banner and placed it over the banner. I used the extra half inch to wrap around the toothpick and then cut off the tape in between the "<" on the banner. Sometimes the tape came unrolled from the toothpick, so I put an extra little piece from the toothpick to the banner after it was rolled on.


The (almost) finished products. All we need is cupcakes!

I will be posting some pictures of the finished cupcakes soon.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment