Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Glass Jars are Fun!

A while ago I showed you all how I changed my bag of tangled ribbon into neatly wrapped individually ribbon clothespins. I told you that I had to put them into jars yet and here ya go! 
This is what my ribbon "Collection" looks like these days:


A while ago I purchased a single jar like these with the No. 1 on  it in black. I purchased it at Tuesday Morning. After searching for similar jars almost everywhere else and failing I decided that I may as well try to find them again so I went back to the store to look. I searched all over and couldn't find them, until of course I was about to leave and they were on the shelf closest to the registers! SCORE. So of course I got three. And I love them. I wanted clasping jars because I didn't want to have to worry about my klutzy self knocking the lids off. And I knew that these jars were made of a durable, less breakable glass. So again, a plus if they get knocked over. Plus I love the numbers on them. So Adorable!

I also managed to find some miniature jars at Target for a buck! Same concept: clasping jars. I initially bought them to organize my junk drawer (my nails and screws and such), but they ended up being too big. I think I will just have to use a plastic tackle box thing. 



Anyhoo...I was having a problem with my spices. I've bought some that the store bags themselves, not in shaker containers, because it's cheaper that way and there's more of a variety but I have been quandering how to keep them fresh in their bags. I could buy shakers for them,  but at the store where I bought the spices it's at least $1.25 for shaker containers. So I figured why not use those little glass jars for my spices? Since I already had them and they technically were cheaper than the shaker bottles. They'd be cute displayed on the counter too when full. So I went to work filling them and making labels. I love the turnout!




I used Spellbinders Large Scalloped Circles and a Sharpie to make the Tags. 



Then I just used Tacky Glue to adhere them to the lids of the jars.


Make sure to wash out your jars before you put them spices into them and let dry thoroughly. 


Then fill with your spices!





No comments:

Post a Comment