Monday, February 17, 2014

Love Coupon Book


So last Thursday my practically sister-in-law sent me a text asking if she could come over because she needed help making a gift for my brother. We share a scrap room at my house so of course  I said yes even though the idea of helping make my brother a romantic gift is totally nauseating. Whatevs. It ended up being a fun afternoon and I got to experience how to use a Cricut, if only slightly, for the first time (I prefer our Pazzle at work thank you very much!).

Anyway, she has SOOO much paper it's ridiculous. So we had plenty of Valentine's day themed paper to work with.

 We ended up making a 16 page coupon book including the front and back cover, with 14 coupons on the inside, and 15 different Valentine's Day themed papers. There's 14 coupons because V-day is on the 14th of course. 
We cut cardstock to be 3x6", then each paper to be 3x6" (x32 of those). We attached a different patterned paper to each piece cardstock on the front and back, to give it some stability.

She cut out some letters on her Cricut for the front cover to say "love coupons".


Then we cut 14 pieces of cardstock to be 2.5x5" and that's for writing the coupons out. Hole punch all of the pages, and  fill your coupons out, and string some ribbon through it and you've got yourself a love coupon book!


Happy Belated Valentine's Day

P.S.
I made one of these for my husband last Christmas, but not fancy with patterned paper or anything, and because men don't understand some things, I added expiration dates and terms of use. The first page after the cover of mine was a disclaimer page stating that" all coupons expire within 6 months of" said date, "only one coupon per day", "coupons cannot be combined". But watch out because my husband was crafty and he would use some before midnight and then right after midnight to avoid that "one per day" rule. ;) Good luck if  you make one for your significant other.

No comments:

Post a Comment