Saturday, February 15, 2014

Angry Orchard Apple Cinnamon White Chocolate Chip Beer Bread

So I know that this is not a food blog, but who doesn't love a great recipe? I posted this picture on my Facebook page and it was such a hit that I thought I would share it with you! You lucky ducks. 


Doesn't it just look scrumptious?! 

Here's the ingredients you need:


First you need to slice and dice a small apple. I used Fuji because that what I had on hand but you can use any apple you prefer to bake with.


Pour your bread mix (I don't like making bread from scratch so I always use Tastefully Simple's Beer Bread Mix-just add beer!)  into a large bowl and then add all other dry ingredients to the bowl.


Throw your diced apples on top of all of that.


Now slowly pour in your beer,


Mix your ingredients while the foam from the beer is still fizzy. The yeast in your beer is what makes this bread rise (just a little). I hate yeast bread recipes so I always love making beer bread. I never have yeast on hand, but always beer!


Mix until ingredients are combined well. No need to over mix.


That's some good looking dough. Can you see the chips in there? Yum!


Pour your dough into a 9x5 bread pan and sprinkle cinnamon on top. You can also add some butter on top at this point and your bread will have an even more deliciously brown color when it comes out of the oven.



Just look at it!



All brown and delicious on top, yet still ooey gooey dough in the middle. Just how it should be. :)



Slice it up and eat it. Or share it. I shared with my mom and co-workers and this lovely little loaf was gone in a day. No need to even add butter to it. It was perfect just as it was. And though I love me some beer bread, it didn't even taste like beer bread. Just like apple bread. And cinnamon. And Fall. That's how it smells too. 

Enjoy!

Angry Orchard Apple Cinnamon White Chocolate Chip Beer Bread

Ingredients:
One Tastefully Simple Beer Bread Mix (or use your favorite beer bread recipe)
12oz Angry Orchard
1/4c Chips
1/4c White Chocolate Chips
1 small apple, diced
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
2T butter (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x5 bread pan. 
Dice your apple and then slice the diced pieces in half so that they are not so chunky.
Add your bread mix to a large mixing bowl. Add your chips, apple, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
Add vanilla. 
Slowly pour beer into bowl and then begin mixing right away while foam is still present. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
Pour dough into greased pan evenly. Shake back and forth if necessary to even dough out. 
Sprinkle remaining 1tsp cinnamon on top of the raw loaf. Spread butter on top of loaf for a more golden brown bread (you can melt it first and pour it on or spread it on like you do a piece of toast). 
Bake for 50-55 minutes (I always do 50 minutes or less because I prefer my bread under-cooked). 
Let the bread sit for 30 minutes before slicing, but remove from pan after 5 minutes and place on a cooling rack to prevent the bread from cooking further. 
Slice and enjoy spread with butter and a hot coffee! 
ENJOY :)



No comments:

Post a Comment