Monday, November 28, 2011

Elegant Christmas Ornament

Did you know that you can do more with your spellbinders than just make cards? With Christmas around the corner handmade ornaments can be great presents. If you're more of a paper crafter than a handy crafter, you can still make handmade ornaments using your spellbinders rather than glass ornaments and paint.

For this ornaments I cut out 6 pendant shapes using SB Contemporary Hearts Pendant. I used two of the dies that came with this set- the bigger outter one and the smaller inner one (which I placed in the middle to cut out the interior of each pendant). These pendants aren't symmetrical when you turn them over back to back, so I decided to also cut out a circle with the center cut out to place behind the heart cutouts of the pendants (white portion of the ornament). I adhered the white circles to the back of the pendants and then scored the pendants in half, and adhered them back to back to each other. Before I adhered the last one to the others, I taped down the chain with the bead in the center.

To finish the ornament, I added a clasp to the top of the chain that attaches to silver twine. I also added more beads to the bottom of the ornament.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ornament Amy. I love making fun stuff with my Cuttlebug!

    DawnW

    ReplyDelete