Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fab 5 Day 3- April



Today's Fab 5 features Spellbinders "Standard Large Circles" Dies. I cut out three circles using each of the three smallest circle sizes from Lilybee's "French Couture" collection. Then I distressed the edges of the circles. I stacked one of each circle on top of one another (small, medium, large) using a circle from each paper design and then hole punched them through the center. I then stuck a mini white brad through each flower. Because I was lacking supplies, I glitz up these flowers the homemade way, normally, with the correct supplies, I would just spray them with water using a mini mister and then spritz them with either glimmer mist or a glitter spray to make my flowers sparkle and hold their shape. My homemade version of glitz however was spraying them each with hairspray so that they would be more malleable and hold their shape when they dry, and then dust them with fine glitter. It did the trick just as well. :)
For the flowers in the vase, I attached a piece of floral wire to the back of the brad and added a leaf from a fake flower then stuck the bunch into a jar filled with marbles.
For the flower barrette, I simply hot glued a flower onto a bare metal barrette.

1 comment:

  1. I would have never thought of using my circles for flowers but I will now. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete